Phirni is a classic creamy sweet pudding made with powdered rice, milk, almonds, saffron and cardamom. Sweetened with sugar.
5 – 6 Servings
- Rice – 1/4 Cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Sugar to taste
- Rose Water – 1 tbsp
- Add 1/4 Cup of rice in a bowl.
- Add water and rinse well to clean rice.
- Soak cleaned rice in fresh water for an hour.
- Boil 1 litre of milk for 10 minutes.
- Take soaked rice out of water and add them in a grinder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh water.
- Grind rice partially.
- Add blended rice to boiling milk.
- Simmer and stir milk for 45 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Rose Water.
- Add Powder Sugar according to your taste.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Serve Cold.