Vada Pav Recipe
Vada pav is a vegetarian fast food dish native to the state of Maharashtra. The dish consists of a deep fried potato dumpling placed inside a bread bun sliced almost in half through the middle.
5 – 7 mins
- 3 – 4 Potatoes
- Cumin Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Dry Mango Powder
- Green Chillis
- Coriander Leaves
- Tomato Sauce
- Green Chilli Sauce
- Boil 3 – 4 Potatoes and mash them.
- Spread Oil in a Pan
- Add Mashed Potatoes in the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Salt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Coriander Powder(Dhaniya Powder).
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Powder(Jeera Powder).
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder(Haldi).
- Add 2 Chopped Green Chillis.
- Add 1 Chopped Onion.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of Dry Mango Powder(Aamchoor).
- Mix well and keep it in a seperate bowl.
- Spread Oil in a pan.
- Cut Pav in 2 pieces. Add pieces to pan and cook for 5 minutes until light brown.
- Once Pavs are cooked, put them in a serving plate and add Green Chilli Sauce on one piece.
- Add Tomato Ketchup on other piece.
- Add Potatoes from step 12.
- Add Chopped Onions.
- Add Chopped Coriander(Dhaniya).
- Add Lemon.
- Add Namkeen.
- Add Pomegranate.
- Close the pieces together and serve.